The story begins three years ago when Verizon tore up hundreds of sidewalks in El Dorado Park Estates so it could install its fios systems underground.
All went well with most of the sidewalks but many didn't set well.
I have been out walking that area for the past couple of months and have inventoried many, many sidewalks with Verizon tags that are trip hazards. Anything raised over 1/4 inches is considered a hazard. So after several emails and meetings and on site inspections -- including today at 10 am -- Verizon and the City are working out how to get the sidewalks fixed.
This coming Monday morning, the City and Verizon will start removing sidewalk panels to figure out what caused the problem...and I will keep walking and making my inventory of sidewalks and streets that need to be fixed.
Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.
Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.
If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Save Station 18
Popular Posts
-
English: The Port of Los Angeles, 1913. (Photo credit: Wikipedia ) There is no doubt that the Ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles need...
-
Last night at the Council's first budget session, I asked the City Manager why there are no performance measures in his or the Mayor...
-
After 39 years of service to the City of Long Beach , City Attorney Robert Shannon has retired. The City Attorney is elected by the vo...
-
I just polled my email readers and asked: Do you think the City Council should vote to support a parcel tax that would assess residential a...
-
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske Joins LAEDC Jobs Defense Council Long Beach, CA – November 20, 2013 – Councilwoman ...
-
Long Beach Police Department (California) (Photo credit: Wikipedia ) 12/12/2013 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE PRESS RELEASE #2012 Subje...
-
In 2007, I was appointed a "public" (non-physician) member to the California Medical Board by the Senate Rules Committee. I am cur...
-
Giving Thanks (Photo credit: mRio ) Dear Friend, I just wanted to say thanks. As I wrapped up my Council work for this week a...
-
From the New York Times today: A nurse famously photographed being kissed by an American sailor in New York's Times Square in 1945 to ...
-
The 5th District received a gift of green as 50 crew members of the USS Dewey joined 70 others from the neighborhood, El Dorado Park South A...