Today at its quarterly meeting in Sacramento, I was elected by the other members of the California Medical Board to serve as Secretary of the Board, and as a member of the executive committee.
The California Medical Board is the state regulatory agency charged with the licensing and disciplining of physicians.
Members are appointed by the Governor, the Senate Rules Committee and the Speaker of the Assembly.
I have served since 2007 and am so honored that my colleagues unanimously supported my election.
Additionally, I have been appointed as Chair of the Access to Care Committee and the Application Review Committee. I serve on a hearing panel, the Enforcement Committee, the Education Committee and the Advisory Committee on Physician Responsibility in Supervision of Affiliated Health Care Professionals.
I am the first and only registered nurse practitioner to serve on a state medical board.
Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.
Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.
If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.
Save Station 18
Popular Posts
-
May 9, 2013 – Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske today thanked 6 th District Councilmember Dee Andrews and City Manager Pat West for thei...
-
From the New York Times today: A nurse famously photographed being kissed by an American sailor in New York's Times Square in 1945 to ...
-
So the story goes likes this: I had to travel out of state -- to Washington DC for a week of meetings -- and I asked someone to pick up my c...
-
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske Joins LAEDC Jobs Defense Council Long Beach, CA – November 20, 2013 – Councilwoman ...
-
First of all, if you haven't been to the Aquarium of the Pacific lately, you will find a great surprise. It looks great. The exhibits ar...
-
THE WHITE HOUSE Office of Communications FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE July 22, 2013 White House Highlights Open Government and Civic Hac...
-
There is a meeting of the Planning Commission this Wednesday to review the City staff recommendation about the proposed project at 2nd and P...
-
English: Commandant of cadets flies new C-17 Globemaster III home: Brig. Gen. Susan Y. Desjardins flies a newly accepted C-17A Globemaster...
-
backyard goat (Photo credit: eschipul ) Dear 5 th District Resident, I will be absent from City Council on July 16, 2013 as I had sc...
-
Took sometime tonight after a very long day of California Medical Board hearings, to start taking the proposed FY 2010 Budget apart. (Yes, I...