As a follow up to the community meeting I held a few months ago, I have posted the updated plans of the Orange County Transit Authority (OCTA) (to the right of this posting) to close and fix 7th Street and parts of the 22 and 605 Fwys.
This will obviously disrupt the Long Beach area greatly but apparently we have no choice because without the reconstruction of ramps, this particular area can no longer handle the traffic and car pools that travel there.
A great deal of re-routing traffic through Long Beach -- mostly in the 4th and 5th Districts -- will be painful for a year or so. That's why you might see detour signs already up on Palo Verde -- trying to condition to drivers that this is coming.
If I learn anything else, I will share it.
Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.
Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.
If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.
Save Station 18
Popular Posts
-
backyard goat (Photo credit: eschipul ) Dear 5 th District Resident, I will be absent from City Council on July 16, 2013 as I had sc...
-
So the story goes likes this: I had to travel out of state -- to Washington DC for a week of meetings -- and I asked someone to pick up my c...
-
City Budget: The $3.2 billion budget was passed by City Council on September 3 rd . No cuts in service for the first time in seve...
-
Schipske Congratulates Stacy Mungo on Winning 5 th District Seat – Says Looks Forward to Smooth, Positive Transition Long Beach, C...
-
THE WHITE HOUSE Office of Communications FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE July 22, 2013 White House Highlights Open Government and Civic Hac...
-
Join us for a 5th District "Know Your Neighborhood by Bike" Tour on Saturday, June 8th from 10:30am - 12:30pm ...
-
May 9, 2013 – Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske today thanked 6 th District Councilmember Dee Andrews and City Manager Pat West for thei...
-
Street to be repaved: Harvey Way Street to be slurried: Rosina I am pleased to announce that street repair and slurry sealing ...
-
Schipske Launches "Shaping Up the 5th District" -- Combines Walking with Inventory of InfrastructureJune 20, 2011 – Is there a sidewalk that needs fixing in your neighborhood? Has a street sign faded and ...
-
Two very wrong proposals were placed on the agenda that spend money we really don't have and to give authority to the City Manager to sp...
