If you can answer "Yes" to any of the following, then you have come to the right place:
* Do you think lobbyists should be required to register to do business with the Mayor, City Council, City Manager and Department heads, the Harbor, Planning and Parks and Recreation Commissions? (Accomplished)
* Do you think elected officials and all city staff should be prohibited from receiving gifts from any lobbyist or anyone doing business with the City of Long Beach? (Accomplished)
* Do you think the Mayor and City Council should be required to publish their official calendars on line so the public can see whom they meet with? (Partially accomplished. Calendars are not mandatory but ability to post has been made available.)
* Do you think the Mayor and City Council should be required at the start of each council meeting to publicly disclose if they have had any private discussions with anyone doing business before the City Council on an item on the agenda?
* Do you think that City staff or elected officials should be prohibited for a period of three years after their term in office or employment with the City, from working and/or lobbying for anyone who is seeking to do business of any kind with the City of Long Beach?
* Do you think the City website should be fully transparent -- including the posting of contracts, payments, salaries and total compensation for employees?
* Do you think the City should "sunshine" its contacting process with public employees so that the public has adequate time and opportunity to provide input and to hold the City Council accountable.
*Are you ready to help bring the change we need in Long Beach?
Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.
Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.
If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.
Save Station 18
For immediate release Contact: Tiffany Andrews: 562 570-6932 Schipske To Hold Community Budget Meeting Monday, August 20 th at 6 pm – D...
IBM Smarter Cities Report Launch (Photo credit: mastermaq ) Image via CrunchBase A few months ago, I contacted our Director of Technology Se...
For the first time in the history of California, politicians of either major party will NOT be having influence on how the boundary lines ar...
Schipske Congratulates Stacy Mungo on Winning 5 th District Seat – Says Looks Forward to Smooth, Positive Transition Long Beach, C...
There is much confusion over exactly what is SEADIP in Long Beach, how it came about, whether or not it has to be followed today and why the...
City council passed my agenda item in February directing the City Manager to apply for federal designation as a potential manufacturing ar...
I came home the other day to see a yellow notice taped to my front doorknob. The notice was also visible up and down Studebaker. These are s...