If you can answer "Yes" to any of the following, then you have come to the right place:
* Do you think lobbyists should be required to register to do business with the Mayor, City Council, City Manager and Department heads, the Harbor, Planning and Parks and Recreation Commissions? (Accomplished)
* Do you think elected officials and all city staff should be prohibited from receiving gifts from any lobbyist or anyone doing business with the City of Long Beach? (Accomplished)
* Do you think the Mayor and City Council should be required to publish their official calendars on line so the public can see whom they meet with? (Partially accomplished. Calendars are not mandatory but ability to post has been made available.)
* Do you think the Mayor and City Council should be required at the start of each council meeting to publicly disclose if they have had any private discussions with anyone doing business before the City Council on an item on the agenda?
* Do you think that City staff or elected officials should be prohibited for a period of three years after their term in office or employment with the City, from working and/or lobbying for anyone who is seeking to do business of any kind with the City of Long Beach?
* Do you think the City website should be fully transparent -- including the posting of contracts, payments, salaries and total compensation for employees?
* Do you think the City should "sunshine" its contacting process with public employees so that the public has adequate time and opportunity to provide input and to hold the City Council accountable.
*Are you ready to help bring the change we need in Long Beach?
Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.
Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.
If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.
Save Station 18
Prior to the construction of a 150-acre airport in 1923, pilots could be seen taking off and landing on the long strand of beach or on a san...
The City of Long Beach has in place an emergency contact system or what is also known as "reverse 9-1-1" which can be used for the...
For the first time in the history of California, politicians of either major party will NOT be having influence on how the boundary lines ar...
I am happy to announce that the Sares-Regis Group, the developer which purchased a great deal of the Boeing property in the 5th Coun...
In 2007, I was appointed a "public" (non-physician) member to the California Medical Board by the Senate Rules Committee. I am cur...
Annually, the Long Beach Business Journal runs an article listing all the salaried employees in the City who make $100,000 or more and those...
Just thought you'd like to know that I had the privilege to serve as a Principal for a Day (again), this time at Emerson Parkside Acad...
In response to the Little Hoover Commission's report on public employee pensions and Councilman Gary De Long's current attempt to g...