If the news is correct, it appears that Long Beach Studios -- a new movie company -- will locate on the Boeing property in the 5th Council District.
Let's cross our fingers because this is about the 7th time I have been told the deal was on --only for it to be off again.
But this is exciting news if it is for real. Finally, the empty Boeing 717 property will be occupied and hopefully LB Studios will bring much needed jobs to Long Beach.
I am still hopeful something can be worked out to bring TESLA Motors to Long Beach as well --maybe to the Douglas Park property that sits vacant but has all the environmental clearances needed to go full steam.
Bottom line --"Long Beach is good enough, and smart enough, and doggone it people like us!! (To use the words of movie star and now US Senator Al Franken.)
Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.
Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.
If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Save Station 18
Popular Posts
-
Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske today expressed her concern upon learning that the company used by the City of Long Beach to send out the notic...
-
Tax (Photo credit: 401K ) Last night in City Council I expressed my disappointment that when asked for city management to bring to council s...
-
Long Beach city management today (April 26) released a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) inviting interested parties to submit their qual...
-
We Love Long Beach hosted a breakfast last Saturday at Marshall Jr. High in the 5th Council District. What a wonderful turnout. Great energy...
-
City council passed my agenda item in February directing the City Manager to apply for federal designation as a potential manufacturing ar...
-
From the New York Times today: A nurse famously photographed being kissed by an American sailor in New York's Times Square in 1945 to ...
-
978 people have responded to the survey on placement of medical marijuana collectives. Of these, 471 have indicated they are residents of th...
-
I has been a while since I blogged. That's because I have been down with bronchitis for more than 4 weeks. Yikes. It has taken its toll....
-
Thanks to everyone who participated, volunteered, staffed and sponsored the 2nd Annual Solar Grand Prix held on Saturday, April 9th in El Do...
-
I am finishing up two days of a quarterly meeting in Sacramento on the Medicsl Board of California. I have been reappointed for another four...
