- increase in number of calls for service
- decrease in number of firefighters on duty
- decrease in equipment available
The budget cuts have taken numerous types of equipment out of service:
- · Engine 7 was reduced from a Paramedic Assessment Unit to a BLS fire engine
- · Engine 101 eliminated
- · 5th firefighter cut from Truck 1
- · Engine 3 has gone from a Paramedic Assessment Rig (1 FF and 1 Paramedic) to a BLS Engine (with just 2 FF's)
- · Rescue 12 eliminated – left with Engine
- · Engine 14 eliminated; Truck 14 eliminated – left with Rescue
- · Truck 17 and Engine 17 eliminated and turned into a light force. Extremely inefficient system.
- · Engine 18 eliminated – left with Rescue
We need a full assessment of what it happening to our fire department because of budget cuts.