Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.

Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.

If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.

Monday, November 2, 2009

Town Hall Meeting on How Marijuana Collectives Should Be Regulated

In response to the numerous e-mails and telephone calls I have received about the opening of marijuana collectives in the City, I am scheduling a Community Town Hall on Thursday, November 12 at 6:30 pm at the El Dorado Community Center, 2800 Studebaker Road.

I have invited City Prosecutor, Tom Reeves and Deputy Police Chief, Blair to attend the meeting and to listen to the concerns of residents who do not want these facilities in our city.

Please note that because the City of Long Beach does not regulate facilities dispensing marijuana for medical purposes, I do not receive any type of notice when they open. I am relying upon residents to let me know so that I can refer them to the Police Department.

Come to the Town Hall on November 12 and let your opinion be heard.

Also check this blog for the proposals I have sent the City Attorney regarding regulation of these facilities.

Save Station 18

Popular Posts