Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.

Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.

If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Checking Account Wiped Out by Thief


Gotta love Bank of America. They call me at 11:45 am yesterday to ask me if I made a purchase with my ATM that wipes out my checking account. Actually when we talked it was several major purchases. Nope. Didn't do it. Was at home trying to get last minute Christmas decorations up.

Seems that at 11:42 am someone made the ATM purchases and the bank let it take everything from my checking account -- then they call me and they tell me that because other items hit that I would have overdraft charges. Notice they let the charge go through before they called me.

5 days before Christmas What a present!

So I am off to the bank to get a new ATM card. They are supposed to restore the stolen money by tomorrow. They dropped some of the overdraft charges until I can prove the others are not mine as well.

Somewhere out there, someone is enjoying over a $1,000 in stuff from Sunglass Hut and another $1000 in Coach purses. Merry Christmas.

Save Station 18

Popular Posts