Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.

Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.

If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Coastal Commission Appointment Goes to Santa Monica

I am honored to have been considered for appointment to the powerful California Coastal Commission and to be one of only three endorsed by the environmental community and the only one endorsed by labor and the California Nurses Association (CNA).

The appointment has been given to a Santa Monica Councilmember Richard Bloom -- which like me was one of three endorsed by the environmental community. Congrats to him -- he has a great record of protecting the environment.

Had I been appointed to the Coastal Commission, I would have to have given up my Senate Appointment to the California Medical Board. I am the first and only registered nurse in California and the United States to serve on a medical board. I work very hard on this Board and will remain there for several more years.

This was a great honor for me and for Long Beach to be seriously considered for this prestigious appointment.

Save Station 18

Popular Posts