Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.

Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.

If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Walking and talking

Was precinct walking today. Now that the rain has stopped for a while I am back out there walking and talking to residents.

It's funny. I have been doing this for so long that I can now assess in 5 seconds if someone is home. There are also sounds and smells that tell you what's going on at the house. Drying clothes has a distinct sound and smell and usually means someone is home. Newly watered garden tells you the homeowner is probably there or in the back yard. Barking dogs are a bit of a scare...especially those that charge a window.

While I am walking I am also doing an inventory on sidewalks, trees and streets.

Was finishing up my 5th street of the day when I got the call from my daughter that she might be having her baby today. Turns out it might be tomorrow or this weekend.

Save Station 18

Popular Posts