Was precinct walking today. Now that the rain has stopped for a while I am back out there walking and talking to residents.
It's funny. I have been doing this for so long that I can now assess in 5 seconds if someone is home. There are also sounds and smells that tell you what's going on at the house. Drying clothes has a distinct sound and smell and usually means someone is home. Newly watered garden tells you the homeowner is probably there or in the back yard. Barking dogs are a bit of a scare...especially those that charge a window.
While I am walking I am also doing an inventory on sidewalks, trees and streets.
Was finishing up my 5th street of the day when I got the call from my daughter that she might be having her baby today. Turns out it might be tomorrow or this weekend.
Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.
Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.
If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Save Station 18
Popular Posts
-
Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske today expressed her concern upon learning that the company used by the City of Long Beach to send out the notic...
-
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske Joins LAEDC Jobs Defense Council Long Beach, CA – November 20, 2013 – Councilwoman ...
-
English: The Port of Los Angeles, 1913. (Photo credit: Wikipedia ) There is no doubt that the Ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles need...
-
After 39 years of service to the City of Long Beach , City Attorney Robert Shannon has retired. The City Attorney is elected by the vo...
-
You are invited to a Halloween Kiddie Karnival (for children up to 10) at El Dorado Community Center from 1 - 5 pm on October 26th.. A-Sca...
-
From the New York Times today: A nurse famously photographed being kissed by an American sailor in New York's Times Square in 1945 to ...
-
Long Beach Police Department (California) (Photo credit: Wikipedia ) 12/12/2013 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE PRESS RELEASE #2012 Subje...
-
Sunlight Foundation (Photo credit: Wikipedia ) A couple of years ago I brought an item to the Council agenda asking that we "sunshi...
-
Last night at the Council's first budget session, I asked the City Manager why there are no performance measures in his or the Mayor...
-
In 2007, I was appointed a "public" (non-physician) member to the California Medical Board by the Senate Rules Committee. I am cur...
