Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.

Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.

If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.

Friday, February 26, 2010

No. I won't discuss the City Manager's evaluation in the press.

A reporter from the Press Telegram left me a voice mail yesterday asking me to comment on a rumor that several councilmembers were planning on voting to fire City Manager Pat West next week when we review his annual evaluation.

I didn't return the call because I don't think it is appropriate for employers (the City Council) to discuss a personnel matter with the press. Since I have not read the evaluations from other Councilmembers, I have no idea what they feel about extending the City Manager's contract. I'll find out in closed session and if the Council takes any action, it will be announced to the public by the City Attorney.

Save Station 18

Popular Posts