Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.

Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.

If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Catching up on my medical board work and other items

Ah, the weekend. Started this am up in North Long Beach at Holly and Dan Pressberg's house which is a historical landmark. The food was great and quite a crowd of candidates and electeds.

Got to chat with first district candidate Jana Shields (whom I had not met before) and said hello to Gabrielle Holt who is circulating a petition to make the state legislature part-time. (No, I didn't sign but I always enjoy talking with her. She's a very smart person.)

Also on the scene as Mr.Wielenga --formerly known as Dave Wielenga of the now defunct District Weekly. Bill Pearl of LBReport.com. Art Levine from Straight Talk (still haven't been invited to talk on his show cause I get you really have to be straight...)

City Attorney Bob Shannon, James Johnson and Jack Smith. Not to mention several people who want to take Laura Richardson out...of Congress.

Back home and then to Long Beach City College to talk to students who were attending a Habitat for Humanity workshop. Drive around Lakewood Village dropping off campaign signs then back home to the computer.

Numerous cases on line to review as a member of the Medical Board of California. As the regulatory board we have to review proposed discipline when it is appealed by the physician. We also actually hear cases in person (just went to Sacramento two weeks ago to hear a case.)Although I am the only (and first Registered Nurse) to be appointed to a Medical Board in the US, I am serving as a public (non physician member)... so I represent the public. I take this work very seriously because we are deciding on whether or not a physician should retain his or her license to practice or to be placed on probation with a list of conditions. And I get paid the grand sum of $100 when I attend a medical board meeting.

PS I have convinced the medical board to finally hold a meeting in Long Beach which they will do in November.

Save Station 18

Popular Posts