I have posted a survey on my blog which asks readers to respond regarding whether or not the City of Long Beach should expend $4 million in Tidelands monies for a feasibility study of the waters within the breakwater off downtown Long Beach.
Please take a moment to click here and give me your thoughts on this important issue.
P.S. Sending me email threats that I will be ousted if I vote against funding the study are really inappropriate on many levels.
I am in favor of improving the water quality of the ocean within the breakwater; I would like to see wave action increased in these waters; I think the City should only be expending Tidelands monies to fix not study at this point in our economy; I am concerned that the monies will be expended on a study that will not result in improved water quality or wave action --because the US Army Corps has indicated it is not including these items nor economic analysis of the impact of making these changes in the study. Additionally, the City of Long Beach hasn't even seen the US Army Corps official response on this issue and the City Council needs to read the fine print before we jump in.
Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.
Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.
If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.
Save Station 18
Popular Posts
-
Schipske Congratulates Stacy Mungo on Winning 5 th District Seat – Says Looks Forward to Smooth, Positive Transition Long Beach, C...
-
Schipske to Address LBCC Board Regarding Continuing Problems of Student Parking in Neighborhoods – Feels LBCC Should Pay for Residents’ ...
-
March 25, 2014 – It’s been only two years since the Vial of LIFE (LIFE is the abbreviation for Lifesaving Information for Emergencies...
-
Says Pension System Making Billions of Investments in Other Cities and Countries to Create Jobs and Housing Long Beach, CA – March 11, 201...
-
City council passed my agenda item in February directing the City Manager to apply for federal designation as a potential manufacturing ar...
-
Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske today expressed her concern upon learning that the company used by the City of Long Beach to send out the notic...
-
Please click here to participate in a short survey on your opinion on whether or not the City should enact a NO KNOCK/NO SOLICITATION Regist...
-
Thank you to all who came out on Saturday to kick off National EMS Week and to visit the three fire stations in the 5th Council District...
-
Flag of Long Beach (Photo credit: Wikipedia ) Dear Readers, As you know I receive a great deal of documents as your representative on the ...
-
Write text here... Related articles Schipske Launches NEXTDOOR -- a Social Network for 5th District Residents Nextdoor.com Brings Social ...
