Did you blink? Then you might have missed it. Late last week an item was placed on the Council agenda because I disclosed that the plastic bag ban impacts larger stores which use larger bags such as Target, Kmart, Walmart -- even though council was told by the author of the bill that it didn't.
Tonight, without any explanation or apology, the item was removed from the agenda -- could it be that it was done because I announced I would make a motion to repeal the ban and the ten cent fee on paperbags?
Trying to get to the bottom of this switch. It was unfortunate that residents came to council and were told at the last minute the issue would not be discussed.
I have never received so much email on a topic as I have on the plastic bag ban and the ten cent fee. I have never received so much angry email -- residents are mad that this was passed.
We haven't heard the last word on this issue.
Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.
Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.
If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.
Save Station 18
Popular Posts
-
I have missed very few council meetings in the 4 years I have been in office. Last night was one of those times. I had to attend to a family...
-
Schipske Launches "Shaping Up the 5th District" -- Combines Walking with Inventory of InfrastructureJune 20, 2011 – Is there a sidewalk that needs fixing in your neighborhood? Has a street sign faded and ...
-
Crime Time (Photo credit: Wikipedia ) I have received a number of memos and reports on city issues that I think you will find of interes...
-
The City of Long Beach takes pride in the open and transparent manner in which the City's budget is presented and discussed during the a...
-
Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske today expressed her concern upon learning that the company used by the City of Long Beach to send out the notic...
-
Two very wrong proposals were placed on the agenda that spend money we really don't have and to give authority to the City Manager to sp...
-
Tonight the City Council will decide whether or not to approved the 2nd and PCH project -- you know, the one that promises to obliterate the...
-
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske Joins LAEDC Jobs Defense Council Long Beach, CA – November 20, 2013 – Councilwoman ...
-
I discussed at length during yesterday's City Council's study session on the growing deficit that we need to engage the public in th...
-
Did you blink? Then you might have missed it. Late last week an item was placed on the Council agenda because I disclosed that the plastic b...
