Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.

Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.

If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Parks and Rec Commission Support Schipske Suggestion for Dog Park

After much discussion and a public visitation on site, held by my office, I am very proud to announce that the Parks and Recreation Commission unanimously voted today to support my proposal to not to take public park land or land that could be used to expand the Nature Center -- and instead to go ahead with a 1.6 acre dog park in the "tree farm" maintenance yard.

I previously posted the map and I do believe this is a "win-win" on this issue. Now hopefully, the other council members will check out the site and support this effort.

My thanks to Parks and Rec staff who finally agreed that this location was the best for all concerned.

Save Station 18

Popular Posts