First as background -- let me tell you that before I became a Registered Nurse Practitioner I trained as an Emergency Medical Tech (EMT) and did my ride alongs with Fire Station 1 in downtown Long Beach. So I know a little more than the average elected about paramedics and the national response times that have been set as the standard.
Please see the following documents that were provided in response to my request at City Council that we be given data about the response times for emergency medical services -- paramedics. As you will note, as I was concerned, the data shows that response times have increased with recent budget cuts -- rolling brown outs of fire stations.
This is a serious report because there are now more proposals on the table to reduce fire services even more and possible close Station 18 which is at Palo Verde and Wardlow.
We cannot jeopardize the safety of our residents who call 9-1-1 and expect a response in keeping with national standards.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/102787758/Memo-on-Response-Times-for-Fire-Medical#fullscreen
Complete breakdown of response times by Fire Station:http://www.scribd.com/doc/102787577/ResponseTimeProfilebyStationAreaCY07thruCY11v1#fullscreen
Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.
Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.
If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.
Save Station 18
Popular Posts
-
Tonight the City Council will decide whether or not to approved the 2nd and PCH project -- you know, the one that promises to obliterate the...
-
Schipske Congratulates Stacy Mungo on Winning 5 th District Seat – Says Looks Forward to Smooth, Positive Transition Long Beach, C...
-
backyard goat (Photo credit: eschipul ) Dear 5 th District Resident, I will be absent from City Council on July 16, 2013 as I had sc...
-
May 9, 2013 – Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske today thanked 6 th District Councilmember Dee Andrews and City Manager Pat West for thei...
-
Crime Time (Photo credit: Wikipedia ) I have received a number of memos and reports on city issues that I think you will find of interes...
-
Street to be repaved: Harvey Way Street to be slurried: Rosina I am pleased to announce that street repair and slurry sealing ...
-
I have missed very few council meetings in the 4 years I have been in office. Last night was one of those times. I had to attend to a family...
-
The City of Long Beach takes pride in the open and transparent manner in which the City's budget is presented and discussed during the a...
-
Schipske Launches "Shaping Up the 5th District" -- Combines Walking with Inventory of InfrastructureJune 20, 2011 – Is there a sidewalk that needs fixing in your neighborhood? Has a street sign faded and ...
-
Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske today expressed her concern upon learning that the company used by the City of Long Beach to send out the notic...


