Vacation is over. Back to business in Long Beach. Several issues are brewing -- allowing alcohol in the parks; the proposal wetlands land swap; the $3 million debt of the Musuem of Art; the growing City deficit with threatened state take aways.
Yesterday I went on a day long tour of Diamond Valley Lake in Riverside County to view a portion of the water system maintained by the Metropolitan Water District which provides most of Long Beach's water.
5th District resident and neighborhood activist, Phyllis Ortman, led the tour. She is employed by MWD and has to be the most knowledgeable person on water issues that I have met.
It was very hot down there in Riverside. Diamond Valley Lake has a visitors' center and the Western Center for Archeology and Paleontology -- which is worth the trip.
The excitement of the day was when the wind whipped up and blew my hat off into the treatment basin. Yes, it had to be fished out and for a brief moment as the hat floated on the water it looked like I may have gone overboard too.
Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.
Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.
If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.
Save Station 18
Popular Posts
-
Tonight the City Council will decide whether or not to approved the 2nd and PCH project -- you know, the one that promises to obliterate the...
-
Schipske Congratulates Stacy Mungo on Winning 5 th District Seat – Says Looks Forward to Smooth, Positive Transition Long Beach, C...
-
backyard goat (Photo credit: eschipul ) Dear 5 th District Resident, I will be absent from City Council on July 16, 2013 as I had sc...
-
May 9, 2013 – Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske today thanked 6 th District Councilmember Dee Andrews and City Manager Pat West for thei...
-
Crime Time (Photo credit: Wikipedia ) I have received a number of memos and reports on city issues that I think you will find of interes...
-
Street to be repaved: Harvey Way Street to be slurried: Rosina I am pleased to announce that street repair and slurry sealing ...
-
I have missed very few council meetings in the 4 years I have been in office. Last night was one of those times. I had to attend to a family...
-
The City of Long Beach takes pride in the open and transparent manner in which the City's budget is presented and discussed during the a...
-
Schipske Launches "Shaping Up the 5th District" -- Combines Walking with Inventory of InfrastructureJune 20, 2011 – Is there a sidewalk that needs fixing in your neighborhood? Has a street sign faded and ...
-
Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske today expressed her concern upon learning that the company used by the City of Long Beach to send out the notic...
