Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.

Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.

If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Travel Records and Council Budgets

While I was away on my first major vacation in many years, I learned that a public records request was made by the local media on travel expenses. No folks, I wasn't on official travel to Alaska.

Apparently over the course of 3 plus years I have spent slightly around $1300 for travel to various city conferences -- that works out to be around $400 a year in travel. Am not sure what budget it comes out of because I submit the bills and they are paid through the council liaison office.

I don't have a travel budget. So I would imagine it comes from the Legislative Department's budget which is a pool of money to pay for Council and Mayor travel.

I keep official travel to a minimum because I don't like to travel and I think we need to be frugal with tax dollars. I also don't take my council staff -- I can't imagine why anyone would.

Save Station 18

Popular Posts