While I was away on my first major vacation in many years, I learned that a public records request was made by the local media on travel expenses. No folks, I wasn't on official travel to Alaska.
Apparently over the course of 3 plus years I have spent slightly around $1300 for travel to various city conferences -- that works out to be around $400 a year in travel. Am not sure what budget it comes out of because I submit the bills and they are paid through the council liaison office.
I don't have a travel budget. So I would imagine it comes from the Legislative Department's budget which is a pool of money to pay for Council and Mayor travel.
I keep official travel to a minimum because I don't like to travel and I think we need to be frugal with tax dollars. I also don't take my council staff -- I can't imagine why anyone would.
Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.
Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.
If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Save Station 18
Popular Posts
-
Tonight the City Council will decide whether or not to approved the 2nd and PCH project -- you know, the one that promises to obliterate the...
-
Schipske Congratulates Stacy Mungo on Winning 5 th District Seat – Says Looks Forward to Smooth, Positive Transition Long Beach, C...
-
backyard goat (Photo credit: eschipul ) Dear 5 th District Resident, I will be absent from City Council on July 16, 2013 as I had sc...
-
May 9, 2013 – Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske today thanked 6 th District Councilmember Dee Andrews and City Manager Pat West for thei...
-
Crime Time (Photo credit: Wikipedia ) I have received a number of memos and reports on city issues that I think you will find of interes...
-
Street to be repaved: Harvey Way Street to be slurried: Rosina I am pleased to announce that street repair and slurry sealing ...
-
The City of Long Beach takes pride in the open and transparent manner in which the City's budget is presented and discussed during the a...
-
Schipske Launches "Shaping Up the 5th District" -- Combines Walking with Inventory of InfrastructureJune 20, 2011 – Is there a sidewalk that needs fixing in your neighborhood? Has a street sign faded and ...
-
Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske today expressed her concern upon learning that the company used by the City of Long Beach to send out the notic...
-
Two very wrong proposals were placed on the agenda that spend money we really don't have and to give authority to the City Manager to sp...
