- Discharge fireworks
- Obstruction/storage blocking ingress and egress
- Locked, latched, chained exist doors prevent egress
- No exit sign
- Inoperable smoke detector or fire extinguisher (for business)
- Excessive fuels (over 5 gallons) stored in dwellings or garages
- Weeds or unsightly debris visable to public view
- Abandoned, boarded up buildings
- Broken windows
- Overgrown vegetation
- Junk in front or side yard
- Trash cans stored in front or side yard visible from street
- Garage conversion
- Extension cords used as a substitute for permanent wiring
- Spitting/discharging mucus from nose or mouth on sidewalk or public place
- Possession of alcohol in public park
- Juvenile (under 18) curfew violation -- 10 pm to 6 am
- Shed, add-on, non-permitted room used as dwelling
- Unsafe housing
- Possession of a shopping cart
- Loud music
- Storing, selling, displaying vehicles for sale on street
- Repairing, painting, displaying automobiles on street
- Living in the parks
- Canopies in driveways or front area or side area
Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.
Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.
If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Some things you can't do in Long Beach...
Thought I would post a partial list of the "most common life-safety and quality of life Long Beach Municipal Code Violations" otherwise known as the list of things you cannot do in Long Beach. If you see any of these violations, please call my office at 562.570-6932 and we'll send out Code Enforcement to cite the offender:
Posted by Gerrie Schipske at Thursday, July 02, 2009
Save Station 18
Many of you have asked why the City of Long Beach is fixing Wardlow (those of you who live on it know why). I asked Public Works to prepa...
I came home the other day to see a yellow notice taped to my front doorknob. The notice was also visible up and down Studebaker. These are s...
Prior to the construction of a 150-acre airport in 1923, pilots could be seen taking off and landing on the long strand of beach or on a san...
For the first time in the history of California, politicians of either major party will NOT be having influence on how the boundary lines ar...