Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.

Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.

If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.

Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy New Year --Things I am Doing This Week


  • I am out walking the district -- both to talk with constituents and to inventory sidewalks and streets-- and to remind people about the tree recycling program.
  • Saw a young couple decorate the gazebo at Good Neighbor Park for their wedding later in the day. That gazebo and lights in the trees have made a big difference in the park.
  • Getting ready for my daughter's wedding this coming Saturday. Wow. I still can't believe that I am going to be a mother-in-law.
  • Working with Historical Society of Long Beach on bringing a Smithsonian exhibit here in January.
  • Writing more grants for funding Rosie the Riveter Parka and Interpretive Center.
  • Trying to get organized for the coming year.
  • Seeing lots of movies. So far my favorite is "It's Complicated" with Meryl Streep.
  • Finishing my video presentation: Early Aviation in Long Beach -- so I can show it when I do book signings.
  • Watching the squirrel who has taken up residence in the tree outside my office window. He is so busy out there. (No, that isn't a photo of my squirrel -- but I thought it was funny...)
  • Being thankful for another wonderful year of life with my family and friends!

Save Station 18

Popular Posts