Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.

Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.

If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Why Alice in Wonderland is an Analogy of Politics


I love the movie "Alice and Wonderland" that is in the theaters because I believe it is a great analogy of just how crazy politics is right now.

For instance, the Long Beach Taxpayers Association who are opposed to any tax increase, just recently endorsed Mike Hedges for the 5th Council race despite the fact that the incumbent (I) not only opposed Measure I but stopped it from being passed because I would not be the vote that would have lowered the threshold for the number of votes needed to pass.

But here's the truly crazy part: Mike Hedges stated several times at the press forum last night that yes, he would support another parcel tax if it was written okay. On the other hand, I continue to express my opposition to tax increases.

LB Taxpayers endorsement is questionable. Just because I won't yell "off with public employees' heads" as they would like me to do -- they appear to have chosen to support a candidate who will vote to increase property taxes. This is curiouser and curiouser, to quote Alice.

Save Station 18

Popular Posts