Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.

Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.

If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

How to deal with an active shooter. Or what I learned today in my monthly briefing from the Long Beach Police Department.

I wrote on Facebook that the shootings in Tucson over the weekend, hit too close to home for me as an elected official who has received ugly emails or confrontations in public. Whatever your political beliefs, it should be apparent to everyone that violence has no place in politics, let alone in our daily lives.

The seriousness of what happened hit home again today during my monthly briefing with the Long Beach Police Department when I was handed a copy of the the document below.  I pass it along because unfortunately it isn't just elected officials who are the targets of violence.

What a sad commentary on our society today.

Active 001

Save Station 18

Popular Posts