As you know I receive a great deal of documents as your representative on the City Council. I also generate documents -- items that I place on the council agenda for a vote by the full council.
The following documents are important for you to read. They provide a wealth of information on a number of topics. After you read them, please feel free to contact me to discuss: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documents: Click on the title of each document to read full document.
- Decision not to spend $10 million on constructing an underground tunnel to new courthouse. Was pleased that management made this decision -- I opposed the expenditure.
- Update on funding for the Long Beach Municipal Band. This memo has been issued prior to the City Council voting on next year's budget.
- Pension Reform Scenarios. This was presented by City Management this week. Unfortunately, without state legislation the city council is very limited on any additional pension changes it can make.
- Consultant Comparisons of Long Beach with Other Cities. This was prepared by a consultant the City Manager hired to review possible organizational reform.
- Listening to Business. This is my council agenda item that was passed recently to have a forum with small businesses to listen to how we can make the city more business friendly. I will update you when a date is selected.
- Community Gardens Update. During the discussion of where to locate a dog park in El Dorado Park area, there were questions raised about the Community Gardens and possible contamination caused by run off from off leash dogs. The memo is a response to my questions.