- Why are some department heads still slated for salary increases?
- Why is any management position slated for a salary increase?
- What are the exact positions (with salary and benefits) that are being cut?
- How many of those are currently not filled positions?
- Are any of the lay-offs resulting in people being moved from General Fund departments to Special Enterprise departments?
- How many people in management are being laid off?
- How many people making over $100,000 annually are being cut?
- What is the exact amount fore casted for revenue from the businesses listed in the budget as "revenue?" (i.e. TESLA, LB Studios, Vespa Motors, etc.)
- How much sales tax did the City give away to Best Buy?
- Why would the Mayor and City Manager propose cutting positions from parking ticket collections when it is a revenue producing department?
Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.
Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.
If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.
Sunday, August 2, 2009
I have read the entire city budget -- all 600 pages -- and I have a number of questions:
Posted by Gerrie Schipske at Sunday, August 02, 2009
Save Station 18
In response to the Little Hoover Commission's report on public employee pensions and Councilman Gary De Long's current attempt to g...
Prior to the construction of a 150-acre airport in 1923, pilots could be seen taking off and landing on the long strand of beach or on a san...
May 15 and 22 Is walking in nature your passion? Do you love the outdoors and want to lend a hand while hiking at the Nature Center? Then...
For the first time in the history of California, politicians of either major party will NOT be having influence on how the boundary lines ar...
Was deeply honored tonight by the Women Lawyers of Long Beach as "Attorney of the Year." I am grateful to be honored by my pee...
Write text here... Related articles Schipske Launches NEXTDOOR -- a Social Network for 5th District Residents Nextdoor.com Brings Social ...
Long Beach Winged Wonders - Calling All Artists To Create An Urban Bird Walk Long Beach, CA -- October 16, 2012 - Ever walked...
Schipske Congratulates Stacy Mungo on Winning 5 th District Seat – Says Looks Forward to Smooth, Positive Transition Long Beach, C...
In response to a constituent's email to me about hearing about residential burglaries in the east side, I am posting Commander Lisa Lope...
There is much confusion over exactly what is SEADIP in Long Beach, how it came about, whether or not it has to be followed today and why the...