- Why are some department heads still slated for salary increases?
- Why is any management position slated for a salary increase?
- What are the exact positions (with salary and benefits) that are being cut?
- How many of those are currently not filled positions?
- Are any of the lay-offs resulting in people being moved from General Fund departments to Special Enterprise departments?
- How many people in management are being laid off?
- How many people making over $100,000 annually are being cut?
- What is the exact amount fore casted for revenue from the businesses listed in the budget as "revenue?" (i.e. TESLA, LB Studios, Vespa Motors, etc.)
- How much sales tax did the City give away to Best Buy?
- Why would the Mayor and City Manager propose cutting positions from parking ticket collections when it is a revenue producing department?
Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.
Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.
If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.
Sunday, August 2, 2009
I have read the entire city budget -- all 600 pages -- and I have a number of questions:
Posted by Gerrie Schipske at Sunday, August 02, 2009
Save Station 18
Prior to the construction of a 150-acre airport in 1923, pilots could be seen taking off and landing on the long strand of beach or on a san...
For the first time in the history of California, politicians of either major party will NOT be having influence on how the boundary lines ar...
City council passed my agenda item in February directing the City Manager to apply for federal designation as a potential manufacturing ar...
Schipske Congratulates Stacy Mungo on Winning 5 th District Seat – Says Looks Forward to Smooth, Positive Transition Long Beach, C...
At approximately 3:00 PM yesterday, Long Beach Fire units responded to reports of a female victim in the LA River. Fire units arrived on s...
Read below how you can thank a veteran. We have prepared a brochure that provides a variety of ways. You can download it and pass it along t...
Artists Still Have Time to Submit Work for Long Beach Winged Wonders Banners Project Long Beach, CA -- November 7, 2012 – Local artists...
English: Roseanne Barr at the Hard Rock Cafe in Maui in 2010. (Photo credit: Wikipedia ) That's right. 453 voted for the Pe...
In response to the Little Hoover Commission's report on public employee pensions and Councilman Gary De Long's current attempt to g...