Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.

Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.

If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

60-foot high wireless pole not appropriate for neighborhood

I have just received notice that T-Mobile wants to construct a 60-foot-high wirless telecommunications monopole disguised as a pine tree located at 3401 N. Studebaker .
It was scheduled for the Planning Commission and then the City Council.

I have told Planning staff I am opposed to the placement of such a high pole in essentially a residential area. I understand the item will not be taken up at the October 15th Planning Commission meeting because T-Mobile wants a chance to meet with the community.

As soon as I learn of a date for such a meeting, I will let residents of that area know so they attend and make their views heard.

Save Station 18

Popular Posts