I just polled my email readers and asked: Do you think the City Council should vote to support a parcel tax that
would assess residential and commercial properties an annual fee that
would be used to fund (among other items) storm water run off projects?
Results:
91% NO
4% YES
6% Unsure.
The Long Beach Unified School District opposes it. Supervisor Don Knabe opposes it.
Not enough information has been given about the tax with specific dollar amounts of where it will be spent. Let's wait for the public hearing on Jan 15th before the LA County Board of Supervisors before the City Council jumps in on this.
Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.
Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.
If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.
Save Station 18
Popular Posts
-
May 9, 2013 – Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske today thanked 6 th District Councilmember Dee Andrews and City Manager Pat West for thei...
-
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske Joins LAEDC Jobs Defense Council Long Beach, CA – November 20, 2013 – Councilwoman ...
-
After 39 years of service to the City of Long Beach , City Attorney Robert Shannon has retired. The City Attorney is elected by the vo...
-
Giving Thanks (Photo credit: mRio ) Dear Friend, I just wanted to say thanks. As I wrapped up my Council work for this week a...
-
From the New York Times today: A nurse famously photographed being kissed by an American sailor in New York's Times Square in 1945 to ...
-
Today at its quarterly meeting in Sacramento, I was elected by the other members of the California Medical Board to serve as Secretary of th...
-
So the story goes likes this: I had to travel out of state -- to Washington DC for a week of meetings -- and I asked someone to pick up my c...
-
I just polled my email readers and asked: Do you think the City Council should vote to support a parcel tax that would assess residential a...
-
City Budget: The $3.2 billion budget was passed by City Council on September 3 rd . No cuts in service for the first time in seve...
-
First of all, if you haven't been to the Aquarium of the Pacific lately, you will find a great surprise. It looks great. The exhibits ar...


