I will be going to Seattle and Alaska for my first real vacation since taking office in 2006.
Luckily, since I know how to browse the internet, I will be able to stay in touch with Long Beach and my staff. While in Seattle I will visit their "parking strip" gardens they are encouraging residents to build. Parking strips are the areas between your sidewalk and the street and usually contain a city tree. By removing the grass and planting drought tolerant plants, it saves a tremendous amount of water and they look wonderful.
When I get back I look forward to launching our Spruce Up the 5th summer jobs program for youth in our area who will be helping fix up our parks in the 5th District. This will be a great experience for the youth and our district.
I will blog while I am on my trip.
Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.
Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.
If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Save Station 18
Popular Posts
-
Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske today expressed her concern upon learning that the company used by the City of Long Beach to send out the notic...
-
From the New York Times today: A nurse famously photographed being kissed by an American sailor in New York's Times Square in 1945 to ...
-
Last night at the Council's first budget session, I asked the City Manager why there are no performance measures in his or the Mayor...
-
English: The Port of Los Angeles, 1913. (Photo credit: Wikipedia ) There is no doubt that the Ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles need...
-
Long Beach city management today (April 26) released a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) inviting interested parties to submit their qual...
-
Tax (Photo credit: 401K ) Last night in City Council I expressed my disappointment that when asked for city management to bring to council s...
-
We Love Long Beach hosted a breakfast last Saturday at Marshall Jr. High in the 5th Council District. What a wonderful turnout. Great energy...
-
After 39 years of service to the City of Long Beach , City Attorney Robert Shannon has retired. The City Attorney is elected by the vo...
-
City council passed my agenda item in February directing the City Manager to apply for federal designation as a potential manufacturing ar...
-
You are invited to a Halloween Kiddie Karnival (for children up to 10) at El Dorado Community Center from 1 - 5 pm on October 26th.. A-Sca...
