I need to be fair to Phil Hester, our Director of Parks, Recreation and Marine Department who has talked with me for several months about possibly having an OctoberFest in El Dorado Park. This would mean the sale of alcohol. I understood it would be in a very specific contained area with appropriate security.
I supported the concept again provided it was in a contained, secure area with sufficient security, with revenues returing directly to the Parks Dept instead of the general fund. Also, I requested that the community be briefed on the concept before it was brought forth for a vote.
Several thousands of miles away I understand the concept has been expanded to several parks on a year round basis and the proposal was brought directly to the Parks, Recreation and Marine Commission before it was brought to the community -- particularly the community that was so involved in stopping the Sports Complex in El Dorado Park which also had an alcohol sales component.
We need a community meeting to discuss the proposal before City Council takes a vote. Unless that happens I am opposed.
Notice: This is not a City of Long Beach site.
Dear Readers: Please note that this is not a City of Long Beach website and is not paid for nor maintained by taxpayer funds.
If you contact Gerrie Schipske through this site on any matter pertaining to the City of Long Beach, a copy of your contact will be forwarded to her official city email as an official public record.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Save Station 18
Popular Posts
-
Tonight the City Council will decide whether or not to approved the 2nd and PCH project -- you know, the one that promises to obliterate the...
-
Schipske Congratulates Stacy Mungo on Winning 5 th District Seat – Says Looks Forward to Smooth, Positive Transition Long Beach, C...
-
backyard goat (Photo credit: eschipul ) Dear 5 th District Resident, I will be absent from City Council on July 16, 2013 as I had sc...
-
May 9, 2013 – Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske today thanked 6 th District Councilmember Dee Andrews and City Manager Pat West for thei...
-
Crime Time (Photo credit: Wikipedia ) I have received a number of memos and reports on city issues that I think you will find of interes...
-
Street to be repaved: Harvey Way Street to be slurried: Rosina I am pleased to announce that street repair and slurry sealing ...
-
The City of Long Beach takes pride in the open and transparent manner in which the City's budget is presented and discussed during the a...
-
Schipske Launches "Shaping Up the 5th District" -- Combines Walking with Inventory of InfrastructureJune 20, 2011 – Is there a sidewalk that needs fixing in your neighborhood? Has a street sign faded and ...
-
Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske today expressed her concern upon learning that the company used by the City of Long Beach to send out the notic...
-
Two very wrong proposals were placed on the agenda that spend money we really don't have and to give authority to the City Manager to sp...
